Saturday, May 08, 2004

"No Matter What They Say..."

Tonight we had dinner with our close friends Richard and Cheryl. Richard is Guy's partner.
We ate near where they live at a Chinese restaurant in Chestnut Hill called Cin Cin. Good eats.
We waited long enough for our table though, especially considering we had a reservation.

Funny how a crowded room full of hungry diners-to-be will ignore common courtesy and fail to offer the MOST pregnant woman in the room a place to sit while she waits. Not to mention that when we approached our table I had to squeeze my rotund self between two smaller tables. Noone moved to get out of the way. On my tippy toes I was able to get around them. And the staring again!

My husbands partner, Richard exclaims "Did you see everyone STARING at us?" and as Guy says "I wonder why", a woman behind me yells out "It's because she's BEAUTIFUL! Just LOOK at her!"
Everyone in the place could have heard her. I blushed. That was the first outright compliment I've received from a total stranger, and it was a mighty one. I felt womanly and almost powerful despite being so unwieldy.
I felt like pumping my fist in the air and cheering for women. WOOOO YEAH, GO WOMEN!

You know, as I type this I am noticing it's actually getting harder to reach the keys. I am sitting with the laptop on my lap and I almost can't reach the top tier of keys. T's are a pain.

Spencer is flying around in me like a crazy person. I think it was the Spicy Orange Beef.
Or, it could be residual effects of me watching Kill Bill Vol 1 at Richard and Cheryl's house.
He thinks he's an assassin now. Or (most unlikely), I'm going into labor and he's getting into position.
Such a last minute planner this one.

Finally for this evening, a question:
How do you stop a pregnant woman from snoring?

No comments: