Monday, May 03, 2004

Counting Down The Days....excerpts from emails to family

Tuesday April 27 -
I went to the salon and had my hair highlighted. It looks awesome (and it was safe)

Weds April 28 -
Nothing new happened at docs office. No developments.
I started feeling a little funny in the belly, woke up in the middle of the night Weds night/Thurs morn with heartburn,...

Thursday April 29 -
Most of day I was useless.
Achy and crampy and wondered if it was time ...couldn't eat either which is totally opposite of my entire pregnancy.
By late afternoon I realized I felt feverish and tummy was upset - so I took my temp and it was 99.1.
I called the doc, they said Tylenol and watch it and I kept hydrated...had a litle soup later on and rested.
Fever dropped.

Friday April 30 -
Fever was gone by this morning and I'm eating again.
We went out for dinner - we're sitting there and Guy can SEE my belly moving through my clothes.
Spencer (that's his name) decides to bop around, and my husband can see my belly from across the table moving around all on it's own. Unbelievable. This is not a baby getting ready for departure.

Monday May 3 -
(ED NOTE: For some unknown reason I've taken to graphically describing my varying medical conditions to family.)

To my knowledge he has not dropped, although who knows.
Yesterday i thought i might have had water breakage, but then i realized it couldnt be cause there was no show (mucus plug), and it was only a one time little dribble that didn't happen again or continue, and i've been having lots of regular discharge so i think it's that, and i didn't start contractions of any kind. I must say I've had good bladder control up to now. I hope I don't lose it.

I've had problems with numbness, pain and tingling in my hands - carpal tunnel syndrome says my doc - brought on by fluid retention. Right now, the tips of the middle and ring fingers on my right hand are tingly and usually are all day. He said it should all go away when Spencer arrives. No major swelling anywhere though and my feet only seem to get going if I'm on them too long.

I think I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions (practice contractions) for awhile here and there, and one or two crampy type feelings that will probably become contractions, but it all seems like some kind of internal "systems testing" to me.

Last night Guy was convinced I was gonna go today. So then of course I got all anxious and it took me hours to get sleepy. I will say this...my appetite is feeling like it's slowing way down. I don't think I'm eating near what I was eating - I can't. I think I'm also craving sweeter things now. At the beginning I wanted salty things.

Someone told me full moons are a common time for many women to go into labor - there's one on the 4th, so we'll see. Yesterday Guy's brother Glen and sister in law Laurie called me to check in - they said if I go tomorrow I should expect the hospital to be super busy with moms in labor. ha ha.

I'm bored.
I was thinking I might go see a movie...don't know if I can tolerate the seating issue, but I don't know how much more sitting around I can take. I do have a doc appt at 430 today so I'll go for a walk after, but JEEZ oh MAN!

No comments: