Wednesday, September 14, 2005

UGH, I caved.

Oy, I'm already making puns...

Ok let me explain:

See, I bought The Happiest Toddler on the Block, by Harvey Karp, M.D.
The gist of this tome is that you need to talk to your toddler like he/she is a Neanderthal.
Basically you go grunting and sort-of mirroring their panic, anger, frustration and pained expressions in order to communicate your understanding of their needs and to help calm them enough to be receptive to whatever input comes next.

Apparently it can look really silly to behave and speak to your child like a child but the good doctor swears your little one will show improvement once he/she feels you are paying attention and know what he/she wants.

So apparently my son is a savage little creature and I'm like the "monster whisperer". It's a job only a mother could love. HA!

He was put to bed an hour early tonight due to technical malfunction - internal systems meltdown, or the dreaded "temper tantrum". He had one yesterday too, so I'm not all that surprised that another one reared it's head today. I wonder if his brain is beta tesing emotional response. He's been acting like me when I'm PMSing. Weird.

Ok here we go again. It's late and I can't even keep my eyes open anymore. This bites it. What happened to all my energy? hmmmm

No comments: