Thursday, May 12, 2005

Owns a home and a sugar jones

We sold our house. We bought another one. I am an asset holder now. Cool.

Do you have any idea how much paperwork is involved in buying and selling a home? I figured today that mortgage companies are singlehandedly keeping 81/2 x 14 size paper in production. I have signed so many copies and documents, I don't even know how to sign my name anymore.

T-minus 48 hours to Spencer's birthday and counting. I will be Elmo this weekend. Tomorrow a brand new gas grill is being delivered because we have to cook upwards of 50 hamburgers. I pick up the costume Friday. Saturday I get the cake, and then our backyard becomes the inflatable circus. We got a moonbounce. And, Guy also ordered a blowup jungle gym, a bubble machine and some other bubble-making contraption. We bought a box of 200 Flav-or-Ice popsicles. Guy has eaten about 25 so far.

Oh wait, and I forgot, Guy's dad, brother and fiance and my mother are all staying with us Saturday night because Guy's niece is graduating from Philadelphia University (my alma mater) on Sunday.

I forgot something else entirely. Mother's Day!
Now there's one perk of having kids - you get your own little holiday. sort-of.

I'm not over Tastycakes. Damn that little deli down the street. Curse them!
If you can get a Tangy Taffy - cherry flavor - eat it immediately. They are scrumptious.

My final thought: Sugar doughnuts have a unique consistency: They are light yet squishy. They should be appreciated whenever possible. I would like one right now.

No comments: